Monday, February 05, 2007

Tell It Like It Is Tony


I’ve always liked Tony Dungy, Head Coach of the Indianapolis Colts. Right now I like him a whole lot more and it has nothing to do with winning Super Bowl XLI.

When Jim Nantz of CBS talked to Dungy immediately after the game, Nantz said;

Nantz: “This is one of those moments, Tony, where there is also social significance in this victory, and to have your hands on the Vince Lombardi Trophy. Tell me what this means to you right now.”

Tony Dungy’s response was beautiful. He answered;

“I'll tell you what. I'm proud to be representing African-American coaches, to be the first African-American to win this. It means an awful lot to our country. But again, more than anything, I've said it before, Lovie Smith and I, not only the first two African-Americans, but Christian coaches showing that you can win doing it the Lord's way. And we're more proud of that. (Emphasis added)

According to a worldnetdaily.com news report, “the Associated Press reported Dungy's comments about God in stories it moved on its wire service, but the Bloomberg News Service only published the portion regarding African-Americans, and edited out the mention of Christian coaches.”

So, of course the Bloomberg News Service decided to go the Politically Correct route and didn't bother to mention that Tony Dungy is a devout Christian and gives God the credit and glory.

I wonder if Bloomberg would have mentioned Dungy’s religion and gratitude if he were Muslim.

Just a thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home