Sunday, August 27, 2006

Steve Centanni & Olaf Wiig Are Released

I woke up this morning to the great news that Fox News journalists Steve Centanni, 60, and Olaf Wiig, 36, were released by their terrorist kidnappers. Even though I have never met any of the reporters, I have watched Fox News for several years and it begins to feel as if you actually do know some of them personally. And so I actually worried about these two men while they were being held.

The Fox News story quoted Centanni as saying; "We were forced to convert to Islam at gunpoint. Don't get me wrong here. I have the highest respect for Islam, and I learned a lot of good things about it, but it was something we felt we had to do because they had the guns, and we didn't know what the hell was going on."

Centanni seems to be a nice guy, so I’m not surprised when he said he has the “highest respect for Islam”. But I wonder how anyone can have any respect at all for the “religion of peace” when you’re forced to “convert” to it or die?

Centanni also said that “the Palestinian people are very beautiful and kind hearted". I suppose you may find Palestinian individuals that are kind hearted, but I also remember the video of everyday Palestinians dancing and cheering in the streets of Gaza and the West Bank on 9/11/01, celebrating the devastation of the World Trade Center and the tremendous hole in the Pentagon. They danced and cheered as thousands of innocent Americans died horrible deaths at the hands of their Muslim martyrs.
So, while I’m relieved that Centanni and Wiig are now safe, I fail to see the beauty and kind heartedness in those folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home